Model 83 Series
Edward Segal Inc. manufactures a full line of the Model 83 Eyelet Machines. This product line offers a fast, reliable, and efficient solution to maximize productivity in feeding and setting eyelets.
The Model 83 is available in several configurations and accomodates all shapes of eyelets (round, oval or square) and applications. In addition to eyelets, this machine works with many other products including threaded inserts, nuts, or other unique parts that can be oriented to feed and be picked off through a centering hole. Multiple setting applications can be engineered on the Model 83 utilizing 1 or 2 raceways, with multiple tracks per raceway.
The base Model 83 is appropriate for:
· Eyelets with barrel diameter ranging from .091" to .375" and a maximum flange diameter of .438"
· Single and multiple eyelets settings where materials are pre-punched or where the eyelet cuts its own hole
The 83LT includes the Limited Travel feature for smaller eyelets. This maximizes the life of the setting tools which are most delicate in the smaller size ranges. The 83LT can be tooled for:
· Eyelets with barrel diameter ranging from .045" to .090"
· Smaller parts with a barrel diameter of less than .047" may require a custom machine with a special carrier type raceway
The 2R83 includes the Double Revolution feature which is designed to run through the cycle two times. The first cycle punches a hole in the material and the second cycle attaches the eyelet; all of this take place in about 1 second. The 2R83 can be tooled for:
· Eyelets with a minimum barrel diameter of .125" and a maximum flange diameter of .625"
· Single and multiple settings, with limitations depending on spacing and material
Features (for 83/83LT/2R83)
· Interchangeable raceways and tooling for different eyelet sizes
· Ring Guard Safety Device is standard, with option for Double Palm Buttons
· Optional Fixed or Mobile Machine Stands
· Optional Work Support Fixture and Material Positioning Gauges
· Optional Laser Target Light and Product Runout Sensors
Specifications (for 83/83LT/2R83)
Dimensions (W x D x H): 12" x 23" x 24.5"
Weight / Crated: 300 / 350 lbs.
Stroke: standard 2.75", special from 2" up to 3.75"
Throat Depth: standard 7.25", special up to 15"
Flywheel Speed: 200 RPM
Electrical: 110 Vac, 60 Hz, 1 Ph.
Motor: 1/4 to 1/2 HP as required, 1140 RPM
Air: 60-80 psi