High-Speed Eyelet Machine
The Edward Segal, Inc. Model 83HS High-Speed Eyelet Machine incorporates many state-of-the-art design features. This machine has been designed for assembly line applications, and offers substantially increased eyelet attaching speeds and reduced maintenance requirements. The 83HS is servo-powered, an innovative arrangement that completely eliminates the flywheel and clutch components.
- Increased productivity with cycle rates in excess of 200 settings per minute
- Reduced maintenance downtime
- Elimination of the flywheel
- Elimination of clutch assembly
- Upgrade to high speed bearings and bushings
- No pneumatic requirements with the elimination of the electro-air trip
- Improved operator safety with operational light curtain kit
- Oversized eyelet hopper to increase length of time between refills
- The standard 83HS has a cycle rate of approximately 0.1 seconds. This compares favorably to the Model 83, which completes a cycle in approximately 0.5 seconds, including the time to actuate the electro-air trip.
- Operator safety can be substantially improved with the 83HS. The servo motor does not operate as a full revolution press and, by integrating other safety devices such as a light curtain, the 83HS can be stopped at any point in the cycle if the safety area is violated.
- To reduce the operator time required to monitor the 83HS, Edward Segal, Inc. also offers a bulk hopper loader for the eyelets. The bulk hopper loader has sufficient capacity to refill the hopper at least twice for most of the standard eyelets.
- The 83HS can also be set-up as a stand alone bench unit configured with either a foot switch with ring guard safety device or double palm buttons
- Current users of the Model 83 will find it easy to upgrade to an 83HS machine since both models share a common footprint.
- For more information to determine if this machine is suitable for your application, please contact our Machinery Sales Department.